Leneta Company, USA
The Leneta Company, USA
Since 1956, the Leneta name has been synonymous with high-quality test charts for the paint and coatings industry.
In any industry, the brand that is the best known, the most widely used, the standard by which other brands are judged, is referred to as the industry leader. The frequency with which one particular brand is identified in competitive literature as the industry leader is testimony to that brand’s pre-eminent standing.
Leneta charts are frequently referred to as the industry leader by both Leneta’s customers and Leneta’s competitors.
Leneta is the standard to which other charts must measure up. Leneta also know that there are times when a customer may not be satisfied for a reason real or imagined. One true measure of an industry leader is the response to such a challenge, how quickly a solution can be found which satisfies the customer. The technical staff at Leneta has over 150 years of combined experience in the field which can be used to promptly find the right solution for each customer situation.
Leneta is the world’s largest producer of paint test charts and has set the standard for quality and performance.
There are 7 major advantages in you using genuine Leneta charts:
1. Surface smoothness: Most Leneta charts are made with two side coated paper that has a smoother, less bumpy surface than the coated one side paper used by many of Leneta’s competitors. Applied films have a more uniform appearance with reduced orange peel.
2. Curl resistance: Two side coated paper has more resistance to curl from atmospheric conditions and drawdowns of water based paints.
3. Genuine Leneta charts contain no optical brighteners: This means that Leneta charts do not fluoresce, which can cause misleading results when making instrumental or visual color observations.
4. Adhesion: Leneta charts have good structural integrity of ink to paper, which is an advantage when testing the adhesion of paint to the chart surface.
5. Imperviousness: Leneta charts are impervious to both solvent and water based coatings. No bumps, cracking or crazing.
6. Wettability: The clear topcoat on Leneta charts is specially formulated to provide excellent wetting. No crawling or pin holing!
7. Colour uniformity: The black and white area Y-reflectances of Leneta charts are carefully controlled to meet industry standards. Colour consistency within and between batches is at a high level.
The high quality of Leneta charts adds reliability and repeatability to your testing.
As they have continued to evolve with the industry they serve, Leneta has developed a unique combination of Quality, Selection and Service that’s kept them THE standard in their field.
Distributed worldwide, Leneta’s range of test charts and test equipment meet all relevant ASTM, DIN and ISO standards. Leneta charts are characterized by their imperviousness wettability, adhesion, surface levelness and uniformity. They are produced from high quality, non fluorescent paper, free of optical brighteners that may affect colour measurements. The same uncompromising commitment to quality is brought to every product Leneta offer.
Leneta produces the broadest line of test charts in the industry, along with an important selection of test equipment. From standard products like opacity and spreading rate charts, to specialty products like glass substrates and sag test blades, you’ll find it in the Leneta catalogue.
As the paint industry’s oldest and foremost supplier of paint test charts, Leneta has the knowledge and experience to help their customers select the most appropriate chart for their test applications.
And Novasys has the most commonly used Leneta products IN STOCK. You can download a copy of Leneta’s full catalogue, or individual chart type sections, in our Client’s section.
Leneta’s products include:
- ALU-CARDS – Aluminium foil – paperboard panels in various sizes and types
- BIRCH PLYWOOD and WOOD VENEER PANELS
- INK TEST DRAWDOWN SHEETS – for testing printing inks
- THE LENETA DRAWDOWN PLATE
- WIRE-WOUND RODS – “Wire-Cators” for drawdown applications
- THE LENETA MAGNETIC SPRAY STAND
- THE LENETA LEVELING TEST BLADE and LEVELNESS STANDARDS, for measuring the leveling of paints as specified in ASTM D4062
- THE LENETA ANTI-SAG METER for measuring sag resistance as specified in ASTM D4400
- LENETA SCRUB TEST PANELS for ASTM D2486 and D4213
- LENETA SCRUB TEST CALIBRATION PANELS for meaningful inter-laboratory scrub test values
- LENETA STANDARDIZED SCRUB MEDIA for ASTM D2486 and D4213
- LENETA STANDARDIZED STAINING MEDIA for ASTM D3258 and ASTM D3450
- “METOPAC” BLACK & WHITE STEEL PANELS for measuring the hiding power of powder coatings as specified in ASTM D6441
- THE “LOGICATOR” – A multi-notch applicator for hiding power evaluations as specified in ASTM D5007
- RELEASE PAPER, for preparation of free films
- INTERLEAF PAPER, for protection of drawdown surfaces
- PORTABLE HEAVY DUTY HOLE PUNCHER for steel panels
- “CARRARA” GLASS PANELS, black surface of maximum levelness for hiding power measurements as specified in ASTM D2805. White panels are also available.