SolarBee is using Long Distance Circulation to solve water quality problems in fresh water lakes and reservoirs, potable water tanks and reservoirs, wastewater ponds and lagoons, and estuarine environments in over 14 countries around the globe – providing significant energy savings while relying on solar power and reducing the need for toxic chemicals.
The SolarBee represents the most innovative, energy efficient and environmentally friendly technology on Earth for providing beneficial, long-distance water circulation™. Throughout the world, SolarBees are providing quality water, naturally.
SolarBee has pioneered the patented near-laminar radial flow technology that provides high-flow, long-distance circulation in water and wastewater reservoirs.
The SolarBee is a floating solar-powered pond, dam, lake and reservoir circulator constructed of stainless steel and polymers. The SolarBee draws water up from below and spreads it gently across the top of the water body for continuous surface renewal.
Each solar-powered SolarBee unit can displace the mixing energy of about 30 horsepower of conventional grid-connected mixing equipment in wastewater treatment ponds, and can displace high horsepower aeration/mixing equipment in freshwater reservoirs and other water bodies.
The energy savings from each unit is the equivalent to about 220,000 kW hrs per year, or the annual energy requirements for about 20 homes or 25 passenger cars, thereby reducing equivalent carbon dioxide emissions (the leading Greenhouse Gas, GHG) by about 150 tons per year.
SolarBee’s Long Distance Circulation greatly accelerates the biological and chemical processes that clean up wastewater, freshwater, and potable water.
The high efficiency and completeness of SolarBee circulation can reduce up to 80% of the chemical requirements in potable water systems. In freshwater lakes and reservoirs, chemical savings include reducing or eliminating the need for algaecides and herbicides, as well as phosphorus-binding compounds such as alum.
Municipal raw water storage reservoirs can benefit from greatly reduced powdered activated carbon (PAC) requirements, reducing chemical usage benefits both the environment and economics.
With over 1,200 solar-powered circulators installed worldwide, (and many installed in Australia,) SolarBee is solving serious water quality and energy problems in freshwater lakes, wastewater lagoons, stormwater ponds, estuaries, potable water storage tanks and other reservoirs.
Features and Benefits:
- Solar-powered, so NO ENERGY COSTS. Operates both night and day.
- Minimal installation costs. No contractor required.
- SolarBee units have no gearbox or motor oils or other possible contaminants.
- Only one moving part – The motor, which has a 25 year life expectancy!
- SCADA outputs available, optional Palm Pilot available for shore monitoring.
- Two year parts and labour warranty.
- Low maintenance, long life stainless steel construction.
- Reduce blue-green algae blooms,
- Control taste and odour problems in drinking water,
- Improve water clarity,
- When desired, can reduce or eliminate stratification,
- Improve DO and pH levels,
- Oxygenate lake bottom waters and sediments to prevent release of hydrogen sulphide, iron, manganese and phosphorus,
- Prevent seasonal fish kills, and
- Reduce nuisance aquatic weed growth.
The increase of oxygen levels, reduction of organic buildup in sediment and reduction in algae and aquatic weed will also improve the habitat for fish spawning and growth. For an overview on HOW SolarBee mixers will help you improve – then maintain – freshwater bodies, please download Using SolarBee in Lakes, Dams, Estuaries – a 3 minute video here (2.8 Megabyte).
- Improve the secondary treatment – BOD/TSS/Algae reduction,
- Improve the tertiary treatment – Reduce ammonia and phosphorous,
- Provide consistent odour control,
- Improve sludge digestion – Reduce or eliminate the need to dredge,
- Reduce short circuiting, and
- Improve DO and pH levels.
For an overview on HOW SolarBee mixers will help you improve – then maintain – wastewater bodies, please download Using SolarBee in Lagoons and other Wastewater Ponds – a 3 minute video here (3.4 Megabyte).
- Thoroughly mix the entire reservoir, reaching all the dead spots,
- (Optionally) inject chlorine for complete chlorine dispersion,
- Fit through a 70 cm x 70 cm opening and can be assembled INSIDE the reservoir,
- Self-adjust to all water depths, and
- Reduce “long life” taste and odours.
For an overview on HOW SolarBee mixers will help you improve – then maintain – potable storage reservoirs and tanks, please download SolarBee PW – Using SolarBee to Mix Chlorinated or Chloraminated Water Storage Tanks and Reservoirs – a 3 minute video here (3.3 Megabyte)