We are privileged to work with the oldest and most respected company in the colour measurement business.
The innovation of Richard S. Hunter, the founder of HunterLab, pioneered the field of colour quality control more than 60 years ago.
Since its establishment, HunterLab has been solving colour measurement problems exclusively longer, better and with more innovation than anyone in the world. Colour measurement is HunterLab’s single focus. It’s all they do!
HunterLab’s innovative technology duplicates how the human eye sees colour – The truest measure of all. Their solutions engineering is unsurpassed in solving colour measurement problems.
HunterLab produces the world’s most accurate and reliable colour measurement instruments for every type of object – from liquids to solids – with the broadest range of colour measurement solutions for all industries concerned with colour and appearance quality issues, and tailored to your unique needs and budget.
HunterLab has thousands of customers worldwide spanning over seven different industries including market leaders such as Pepsi, DuPont, Dow, Bayer, Heinz, Kraft, GlaxoSmithKline, Proctor & Gamble, the Walt Disney World Co., Carl Zeiss Vision and many other world class brands. This also includes leading research and educational institutions such as Central Electro Chemical Research Institute,India; Bundesamt für Materialforschung, Germany; CERAM, UK; Guangzhou Institute of Measurement and Testing Technology, China; and Policía Nacional de Colombia and the US Department of Agriculture, USA and many others.
When it comes to solving all your colour measurement problems with unsurpassed truth and trust in your results, no-one comes close to HunterLab. Trusting HunterLab – the company who wrote the book on colour measurement – to be your colour quality partner for the truest and most trusted colour measurement on the planet is more than the smart choice. It’s the safe choice.
HunterLab MiniScan EZ Hand-Held Spectrophotometer
Portability with the HunterLab MiniScan EZ means go anywhere, anytime – with economical rechargeable battery packs – not cords or restrictive cables.
HunterLab MiniScan EZ offers a new level of versatility in lightweight, one-handed colour measurement across a wide range of colour quality assurance applications – for paint, plastics, textiles, paper, food, and building products.
Choose the optics and viewing size that’s right for your product.
Since no two applications are alike, the HunterLab MiniScan EZ is available in four different configurations:two different viewing sizes plus two optical configurations. These options ensure the most accurate measurement of your application or samples.
- d/8 (diffuse) or 45/0 optical geometry
- 25 mm to 5.0 mm measurement area (Large Area/Small area View) available.
- Fully portable, one-handed operation with customisable LCD display
- On-board quality control software, or connect to a PC
- Stores up to 4,000 measurements
- Interfaces with HunterLab’s quality control and formulation software.
HunterLab ColorFlex EZ Bench Top Spectrophotometer
HunterLab’s ColorFlex EZ spectrophotometer takes color quality control to its highest level with 45/0 design for the ultimate in colour measurement preciseness. Combining versatility, simplicity and performance, the HunterLab ColorFlex EZ reflects almost 60 years of colour measurement innovation in one easy-to-use, compact instrument from the world’s most trusted experts in colour quality.
HunterLab’s ColorFlex EZ offers the advantage of 45/0 design ensuring that you not only get your colours right – but perfect every time. It is the optimal and only instrument design that measures your samples the way the human eye does. It lets you see your colours exactly the way your customers do, not just in the lab but in the real world.
Designed to tackle a variety of colour measurement problems from the basic to the sophisticated, the HunterLab ColorFlex EZ adapts to your needs.
With a variety of sample-handling accessories, plus compatibility with our easy-to-use Windows®-based software, your colour measurement system investment is preserved for years to come.
With its port-up or port-forward measurement orientations, HunterLab ColorFlex EZ is ideal for measuring powders, pastes, and opaque or translucent solid materials. The built-in quality control software is well suited to a variety of industries such as food, plastics, coatings, inks, or textiles. Dual beam xenon flash technology and 45°/0° optical geometry assures accurate measurements based on your application and sample type.
- A basic yet flexible fully self-contained colour spectrophotometer
- An ideal entry-level instrument
- For reflectance measurement of opaque or translucent solids, powders, granules and liquids
- 45/0 optical geometry
- Xenon flash, double beam optics
- Stores up to 2,000 sample measurements
- Interfaces with HunterLab’s quality control and formulation software.
HunterLab ColorFlex EZ Tomato Colour Meter
The HunterLab ColorFlex EZ Tomato colour meter system is specifically designed to meet and exceed tomato colour measurement needs. The USDA-approved ColorFlex EZ Tomato colour meter system is specifically designed to measure tomato colour in every processed form including paste, puree, sauce, catsup and juice in addition to fresh tomatoes. The ColorFlex EZ Tomato colour meter system uses 45º/0º geometry to provide excellent colour quality control, while allowing the user to measure colour the way the eye sees it. The ColorFlex EZ Tomato firmware comes with a range of tomato colour scales:
- Tomato Paste Score (TPS)
- Tomato Sauce Score (TSS)
- Tomato Catsup Score (TCS)
- Tomato Juice Score (TJS)
- a/b ratio
- Fresh Tomato Colour Index (FTCI)
- Lycopene Index
Important colour scales also provided with the firmware include Hunter L,a,b colour and CIE L*a*b* colour to help measure the reflected colour of a wide range of non-tomato samples such as liquids, semisolids, powders and solids. Key advantages of ColorFlex EZ Tomato colour meter system:
- More simplicity with one touch sample reading
- More connectivity with 3 USB 2.0 ports
- More ruggedness with a sealed optical design for industrial environments
- More versatility with over 250 standard set-up configurations and a variety of parameters
Key parameters include Colour Scale, Indices, Illuminant and Observer measurement condition settings, Standards values, Pass/Fail tolerances and Averaging for more accurate measurement of inconsistent samples. Key components of ColorFlex EZ Tomato colour meter system:
- ColorFlex EZ Tomato instrument
- Complete set of calibration and diagnostic tiles
- BCR–400 Tomato tile
- 2 glass sample cups
- Port insert for sample cup
- Sample cup opaque cover
HunterLab ColorFlex® EZ Coffee Spectrophotometer
The most recent addition to the ColorFlex® EZ family of products, the ColorFlex® EZ Coffee is specifically built to meet and exceed your needs in measuring the color of roasted coffee grounds. Every ColorFlex® EZ Coffee comes with 60 years of color quality control experience and innovation by HunterLab, the world’s true measure of color.
Using 45º/0º optical geometry, the only color measurement technology proven to measure color the way the human eye sees it, the easy-to-use ColorFlex® EZ Coffee is specifically designed to accurately measure the color of roasted coffee grounds, including freeze-dried, as well as instant powders. The ColorFlex® EZ Coffee provides the measurement data needed to ensure consistent lot-to-lot, and batch-to-batch production quality.
Coffee color scales provided in firmware include:
• HunterLab Coffee Color Index (HCCI)
• SCAA Number
• SCAA Roast Classification
The color of coffee is primarily used to evaluate the degree of roasting. Each roast has different taste characteristics for the same original set of coffee beans.
ColorFlex EZ Citrus Spectrophotometer
Measure color the way your eye sees it.
The ColorFlex EZ Citrus Color Meter measures Citrus Number, Citrus Redness and Citrus Yellowness. These indices were primarily intended to score orange juice concentrate, but in practice have also been used for grapefruit and lemon juices.
Like all members of the ColorFlex® EZ family of products, the ColorFlex® EZ Citrus is specifically built to meet and exceed your color measurement needs. Every ColorFlex® EZ Citrus comes with 60 years of color quality control experience and innovation by HunterLab, the world’s true measurement of color.
Using a 45º/0º geometry, the easy-to-use ColorFlex® EZ Citrus provides you with the highest level of color quality control. More importantly, it allows you to measure color the way your eye sees it.
The ColorFlex® EZ Citrus is specifically designed to measure the color of fresh and concentrated orange, grapefruit, and lemon juice.
Citrus color scales provided in firmware include:
• Citrus Number
• Citrus Redness
• Citrus Yellowness
Other important color scales, including Hunter L,a,b and CIE L*a*b* are provided within the firmware, allowing for the capability to use your ColorFlex® EZ Citrus to measure the reflected color of a wide range of non-citrus samples – liquids, semi-solids, powders, and solids.
As with all ColorFlex® EZs, the ColorFlex® EZ Citrus offers you more…
Simplicity with one-touch sample measurement
• Connectivity with 3 USB 2.0 ports
• Ruggedness with a sealed optical design for the industrial environment
• Versatility standard with over 250 product set-ups, including a variety of parameters such as:
Color Scale, Indices, Illuminant and Observer measurement condition settings
• Standards values
• Pass /Fail tolerances
• Averaging – for more repeatable measurement of non-uniform samples
Inside its optional, custom designed, watertight carrying case will be everything you will need to immediately start measuring citrus color values…
• ColorFlex® EZ Citrus instrument
• Complete set of instruments and diagnostic standards
• Calibrated Orange Juice 4 Standard
• Orange Juice Tube Holder
• Sample Clamp / Port Forward Stand
… all backed up by the finest customer support in the industry.
A Total Breakthrough in Color Transmission and Haze Measurement!
Vista® is a feature rich, small footprint, visible light transmission spectrophotometer that simultaneously measures both the color and haze of transparent/translucent samples. Designed to meet user demands for simplicity, accuracy, reliability and affordability, Vista® is capable of measuring the color and haze of a wide range of samples in one easy measurement, while providing the user with an intuitive and easy to use interface.
For addition information visit www.vista.hunterlab.com
PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY
Long life, full spectrum LED illumination combined with an unprecedented degree of precision provide industry leading performance and accuracy for measurement of both color and haze.
Get more for less. Vista ensures the best value and the lowest total cost of ownership with a low initial investment
cost, and low maintenance and service costs.
• Simultaneous measurement of both color and haze in one easy step – provides the QC and QA indicators needed for increased product
integrity and improved manufacturing processes.
• One-touch standardization of both color and haze – reduces user steps and valuable time.
• Easy to read 7″ touch screen display.
• Intuitive, menu driven interface is easy to use and easy to navigate, requiring little training.
• Users can select from a number of preset workspaces designed specifically for their application, or they can create their own workspaces customized to their needs.
Among the many features built-in are customizable workspaces, multiple data views, and the most widely used transmission color and haze scales and indices available, including Pt-Co/Hazen/APHA, Gardner Color, Haze %, Opalescence, Y Total Transmission, Saybolt, Absorbance, CIE Spectral Data, and 3 major Pharmacopoeias: US, EU, and Japanese.
HunterLab LabScan XE Flexible Colour Measurement
Measure the colour of samples of all forms, sizes and textures—the way the eye “sees” colour.
Now there’s a whole new dimension in the way you’ll look at measuring samples. The HunterLab LabScan XE spectrophotometer takes colour measurement to a new and totally different level of sophistication, with more simplicity, more automated features and more versatility than any other product available on the market today.
From powders, solids and liquids, to pellets, chips, yarn or paper, the HunterLab LabScan XE is the cutting-edge solution for a host of colour measurement applications in plastics, textiles, paint, food, paper, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and building materials.
The same colour, when seen on surfaces that differ by gloss or texture, ends up “looking” like a different colour to the human eye. HunterLab’s LabScan XE’s 0°/45° circumferential geometry incorporates a 15-station, fiber-optic ring that collects and averages reflected light from all the stations. The result is a fast, simplified measurement that automatically accounts for the effects of variations in textures, finishes or granulations.
Samples come in all sizes, shapes and forms, and now the HunterLab LabScan XE gives you the capability to measure their colour with unparalleled versatility, simplicity and accuracy. For instance, it features one of the largest illuminated areas available— 44mm—which gives you superior precision when scanning textured, non-uniform samples.
An optional automated Variable Sample Illumination (VSI) feature allows you to measure from 44mm to 3mm, for maximum flexibility in the sizes and kinds of samples you can measure. The VSI feature also gives you far more accuracy in measuring translucent solids or liquids.
- For reflectance measurement of opaque or translucent solids, powders and liquids
- Automated functions include standardisation, UV control and change of zoom lens for 5 illumination areas from 44m to 3mm
- Xenon flash, double beam optics. (Lamp never needs replacing)
- Designed for use with HunterLab’s quality control and formulation software.
HunterLab UltraScan VIS Professional Colour Measurement
The HunterLab UltraScan VIS is a high-performance colour measurement spectrophotometer that measures the full range of human colour perception in less than one second.
It can be used in production and in the laboratory for inspecting raw materials, evaluating finished product or developing methods for color analysis.
Because of its exceptional inter-instrument agreement and long term stability, you can be confident that differences between measurements are due to product color changes, not instrument variability.
The HunterLab UltraScan VIS measures both reflected and transmitted colour as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate colour measurement.
HunterLab’s UltraScan VIS incorporates automated functions to make operation simple and reliable. Complete measurement procedures can be completed in a matter of seconds.
HunterLab UltraScan VIS uses d/8° (sphere) geometry, which conforms to ASTM, ISO, CIE, DIN and JIS standards for reflection measurements. Transmission measurements are made using d/0° geometry for regular transmission and d/8° for total transmission.
The HunterLab UltraScan VIS features:
- Diffuse/8° geometry with automated specular inclusion/exclusion
- Wavelength range of 360-780nm with 10nm optical resolution
- Full wavelength scan in seconds
- Long life xenon lamp filtered to simulate D65 illumination
- Large transmission compartment
- Sample measurement areas of 19mm (0.75 inch), additional 6.3mm
- Read button for convenient initialization of sample measurement
- Status indicator lights visually indicate selected mode
- USB and RS-232C interfaces.
HunterLab UltraScan PRO Precise Colour Measurement
The HunterLab UltraScan PRO measures both reflected and transmitted colour as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate colour measurement.
The HunterLab UltraScan PRO’s 5nm optical resolution enables it to precisely measure colours with sharp cutoff characteristics.
Its D65 illumination source is calibrated in both the ultraviolet and visible regions for the accurate measurement of whitening agents and fluorescent colours.
Having an extended measurement range into the near infrared and near ultraviolet permits the measurement of camouflage materials and UV blockers.
HunterLab UltraScan PRO uses diffuse/8′ geometry with automated specular component inclusion/exclusion. It also features three sizes of sample measurement areas with automated lens change.
- Ideal for colour measurement of liquids and solids; also transmission haze
- Sample reflectance area 25mm to 3mm
- Transmittance path lengths up to 100 mm
- Fully automated features include: specular component included or excluded, Large Area View/Small Area View and UV control
- Xenon flash, double beam optics
- Designed for use with HunterLab’s QC and formulation software.
HunterLab D25 NC – measure color the way the eyes see it
The D25® NC is the latest version of a storied line of instruments from the world’s premier color measurement company. It is specifically designed to measure large, irregularly shaped products. Sixty years of experience built into each unit provides the most accurate color measurement with incredible ease-of-use.
D25® NC revolutionizes color measurement systems by integrating a non-contact sensor and rotating sample dish in one stand-alone instrument. Its design and automated motion enables:
• repeatable results measuring irregularly shaped and colored products
• rapid sampling – 5 flashes per second, 25 times per cycle
• full cycle averaging for a large measured sample area
• easy sample preparation and clean-up
Intelligent Integrated Height Sensor
• an accurate product height measurement
• consistent color measurement independent of height variation
• the measurement of only the sample and not the dish
• Automated non-contact color measurement
• Large Sample Area View: 129 cm2 (20 in2) per cycle
• Simple sample set-up: ‘Pour, Place & Measure’
• Easy product setup
• Easy clean-up and maintenance
• Repeatable measurement of irregularly shaped and colored samples
• Stand-alone operation also compatible with EasyMatch QC Data Analysis Software
• Compact design requires minimum bench space
• Easy-to-read color display provides simple built-in user interface
• Low power consumption
• Long life LED illumination
• Rugged design and construction
• USB connectivity for devices such as printer, keyboard, barcode scanner, computer
• Internal storage of up to 250 different set-ups and 2000 sample measurements.
The D25® NC is designed for plant and laboratory use with easy clean-up and maintenance.
Fast assembly and disassembly – no tools required. Parts can be easily cleaned and replaced in minutes.
HunterLab SpectraTrend HT Spectrophotometer
A dynamic approach to Color Process Monitoring and Analysis
SpectraTrend® HT takes non-contact Color and Height spectrophotometer to their highest levels, combining versatility, simplicity and performance in one easy to use compact design. SpectraTrend® HT supports implementation of today’s Total Quality Management programs such as LQM, PAT, Six Sigma, DMAIC, and
others that share a common goal of producing consistent product quality and reducing waste.
SpectraTrend® HT utilization can:
• Facilitate continuous monitoring of product Height to enhance Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) within their enterprise
• Reduce risk of color quality variation and associated costs through real-time process color monitoring
• Enhance consistency and predictability of their quality assurance approach
Versatility, Speed, Durability
• The only color spectrophotometer to provide two critical sensors, Color and Height, in one compact and easy to use design
• The only color spectrophotometer to combine high speed color measurement with an integrated sample detector for accurate color and height measurements of individual piece-parts
• The only non-contact color spectrophotometer with ‘Rapidfire’ illumination, measuring as many as five times per second, to provide consistent and accurate color and height measurements in high speed applications and on structured and non-homogeneous samples
• Provides Lab-to-Line correlation, minimizing confusion and ensuring that operators will see the same colorimetric values consistent with Laboratory instruments
• Large, easy to read, easy to operate integrated display
• Rugged, industrially hardened NEMA 4 / IP56 design
Lab grade performance in a non-contact color measurement device
• Non-contact color measurement
• Full spectrum LED illumination
• 10nm color resolution
• Up to 4 in. measurement distance
• On-screen height measurement with auto compensation for variation in sample distance
• Tight inter-instrument agreement and repeatability
Simplicity and Flexibility
• Ethernet communications simplifies installation and communication, enabling multiple sensor connectivity to any PC on the network
• No COM ports to configure or cable distance limitations
• Option to connect via plant PLC
• Easy PC connection using Hunter Lab’s EasyMatch software
• Display of color and product height for each measurement, with Pass/Fail
• Multiple Configurable data views show as little or as much information as desired (Color Data Tables, Trend Screens, Spectral Data, Spectral Plots and Statistics)
• Customized Printed Job Reports in either summary form or full details of the color measurements
• Creation of customized templates for color data storage and display
• Ability to add notes to individual color measurements for later reference
• Automatic tolorancing based on color standard
• Definable access privileges permit creation of user groups with defined function capability, from full access manager to limited access operator levels
• Customizable Auto Export of job data to Microsoft Excel format
Intelligent Integrated Height Sensor
• Provides accurate height value of the sample
• Restricts measurements to when the product is present
• Restricts measurements to products that are within their ideal height
• Discriminates the sample from the background, such as a conveyer belt or sample dish, measuring only the sample
• Color measurements are compensated for variation in sample height
Color Process Automation Technology (cPAT)
color Process Automation Technology (cPAT) is a fully integrated, online color measurement and color control solution tailored to specific continuous manufacturing processes such as plastics processing, plastics compounding, coated paper and food products. This unique system allows for automated adjustments to be made, in real-time, based on color measurements taken directly from the process stream. Adjustments can be made to control color feeder speeds, liquid pumps, motors that control production line speeds and oven temperature thermostats.
- Online, real-time color measurement and monitoring
- Touch screen PLC with easy to set up and operator friendly color-control software
- Automated closed-loop color control
- Outputs for downstream defect containment
- Historic data logging and storage for retrieval via USB or remotely on a network by FTP
- Process variables charted in real-time with 100 scans of data storage for on screen viewing
- Calibration reminders automatically displayed based on number of scans and time since last calibration
HunterLab EasyMatch QC Colour Quality Assurance Software
HunterLab’s PC-based quality assurance software gives unprecedented flexibility to process, display, analyse and report colour measurement results.
Colour measurement and analysis software reports absolute and colour difference data in all widely used colour scales, for various lighting and observing conditions. Pass/Fail functions provide fast go/no-go decisions. Data can be reported numerically in tabular or spreadsheet form. Data can also be graphically displayed as colour difference plots, trend plots and spectral curves. All results can be viewed, stored, printed or imported into your database programs.
- Includes all widely used colour scales, observer functions and illuminants, as well as spectral data
- Allows for easy data interchange
- Fast, easy operation
- Compatible with all HunterLab spectrophotometers.